1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, St. Louis Cardinals' playoff hopes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 6, 2007.

1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Rick Ankiel -- yes, THAT Rick Ankiel -- is among one of the top power hitters in the PCL so far. Colby Rasmus seems to be a legit Major Leaguer. Other than that, bubkis. Who out of those three outfielders would be the most likely to sign with STL and who would fit in best?

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Wow, TSP, it takes a genius to figure out this team is done when it's playing like shit, just had one guy kill himself and then lost it's best pitcher for at least three months

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I didn't know they still had a team

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I think that limb you just jumped onto could hold your prediction.... along with every member of every offensive line in the NFL.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And I'm sure you were the first to jump on him for the Braves' call last year. ::)

They still pissing in your corn flakes at the ol' desk?

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Shot, my friend, the Cards announced Friday that Carpenter was out for three months ... two guys in our office who were more concerned with Rangers-Sabres than any baseball game said "The Cards season just ended"

Not like the great TSP is going out on a limb here.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This just breaks my heart...

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

TSP is correct about the Cardinals' prospects, but the RIP and death references coulda waited a few more days, At least.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I'm a Cards fan.
    While I'm not calling the season over just yet, I realize Jesus Christ himself probably couldn't save this season for the 'Birds.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

11. Eddie_Vedder

Eddie_Vedder Member

Whoa whoa whoa whoa..... whoa! Slow down, my fellow Cards fan. It's early May, and St. Louis is only five games under .500. This season is far from over. Yes, they are eight games behind Milwaukee already, but this Brewers team does this every year. Milwaukee will stumble once its mid-June. And the Cards are only three games behind the Cubbies, who are currently second in the NL Central. I'm not happy about the start of the season so far... they have no pitching outside of Looper, who will falter once he starts getting up in innings at the end of the season, and they still can't hit, but the Cards are still far from dead.

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I'd expect more from you, double. That was a beach ball on a tee.

Eddie: I understand St. Louis is 3 games outta second, 8 outta first and Milwaukee always starts fast. But between the side distraction of LaRussa's sleeping-at-the-wheel incident; unfortunate death of Hancock; and Carp being put on the shelf ... I'll be shocked if the Cards are contending for the NL Central in August/September.

Draft saved Draft deleted