1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Sage Stallone

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/popcast/2012/07/13/sylvester-stallones-son-found-dead/

Looks like life hit Sylvester Stallone pretty hard. My condolences. Losing a child, even an adult child, must be the worst feeling ever.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My "child" turned 29 yesterday. He's an adult, runs a business, yada yada. He's still my child, my only son. His death would devastate me beyond description. I guess what I'm trying to say is adding "even an adult child" is not needed. Losing a child must be the worst feeling ever. Condolences to the Stallone family.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I disagree.

If I knew I allowed my child to go on a trip with Jerry Sandusky might be worse.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I watched my aunt and uncle lose their daughter (22 at the time) about 15 years ago and they've never even come close to getting over it.

Sly and his family are in my prayers.

RIP.

5. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

I had a friend who lost her son, then her husband and on the day prior to her husband's funeral, got a call from the doctor who said her tests results were in.....the spot on her brain was a tumor. All of this within a year.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

My apologies. I didn't mean "even an adult child" as something that would lessen the sting. Of course it doesn't.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Jesus. My pity party just came crashing to a halt.

I'm so sorry for your friend.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No apology needed, I know you didn't mean it like that. I just wanted to be clear. A child is a child even when they aren't.

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I never thought I would spend a moment thinking about "Sage Stallone" but I certainly have today.

This day is my son's birthday. A milestone birthday at that. The cool, eager-to-please kid is fading with each passing day... slowly replaced by a curious young man who doesn't accept everything I say without question anymore.

I try not to think about what it would be like to bury a child -- but, in our business, we see it all the time. Doesn't make it any easier and those are the only stories (the death of a child) that plague my dreams.

Prayers to anyone on this board who has experienced this.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The latest is he had been dead for three or four days when he was found by a housekeeper. Eek.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

This

12. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I guess he was...Expendable.

Draft saved Draft deleted