1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Ronnie Gallagher

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Had been in Salisbury, NC a long time.

http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20130830/SP01/130839983/?fb_comment_id=fbc_655573311140422_103443164_655741164456970#f245e312e2df7b

2. Colton

Colton Active Member

Damn. Only 57.

RIP.

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

It seems like a lot of journalists die pretty young. Not sure why or if it really has anything to do with the field at all, but it's sad.

I didn't know Ronnie, but my condolences go out to his family and friends and those at the paper.

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Damn. I hate to hear that. I knew Ronnie on a professional, but not personal, basis. He did a great job of covering Catawba during the Bennett years and became infamous for passing out copies of his "The King is Dead" headlined paper after the Indians beat Carson-Newman. I will ceremonially lift a Cheerwine to him tonight.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

This is a devastating loss. Ronnie was a great friend and colleague. Our newspapers swap coverage where we overlap. It has been a very difficult weekend for me.

Rest in peace, my friend.

Draft saved Draft deleted