1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Ron Silver

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by pressmurphy, Mar 15, 2009.

1. KG

KG Active Member

I've nearly stopped clicking on the RIP threads, because it's so depressing to see the word cancer in almost every one of them.

2. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

You're thinking of Ron Rifkin.

3. Sad that I know this, but HH was Ann Romano's LAST boyfriend -- may well have been a fiance at the very end -- and played the father of daughter Barbara's husband.

4. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

The fact you have this knowledge exposes a dark and troubling aspect to your character. Maybe Old Tony's right on a lot of things.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Right, the dentist. You are correct, sir [/bowing humbly]

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

A brunette named Annette? Wouldn't you just give anything if she was from Tibet?

Actually, I'm fine with her being from Philadelphia. State your business.

He and Sorkin were magical together.

RIP.

7. Don't get me started on Facts Of Life.

8. Guy_Incognito

I actually think I might be able to stay with you. Do you remember the Molly Ringwald days?

9. Early on, when they had that cast of about 25 kids.

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

First, to the business at hand, RIP to Ron Silver, a solid actor. One more credit to add: He was the financier who was murdered by Judd Nelson's Joe Hunt in that "Billionaire Boys Club" TV movie many years back.

And to end the threadjack and set the record straight on "One Day at a Time," Ann had three serious boyfriends:
    Richard Masur played the original.
    Ron Rifkin was the guy who brought in the teenage son who lingered for a season or two after Rifkin left.
    Howard Hesseman played Barbara's father-in-law who started dating and did marry Ann before the series ended.

And to explain: I used to watch the show religiously with my family when I was a kid, so sue me for knowing.

11. Guy_Incognito

Rifkin. That's the one - whith the kid Alex.

12. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Always was a Twoback favorite.
    I'm very sorry to hear of this.

Draft saved Draft deleted