1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Roger Rees, played Robin Colcorde on Cheers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Longtime Welsh actor Roger Rees, who I knew best as Robin Colcorde on Cheers , and as the Sheriff of Rottingham in Robin Hood, Men in Tights, died at 71.

Roger Rees, Stage Actor Made Famous by Nicholas Nickleby, Dies at 71 - Playbill.com

Also had that great role as the British ambassador who nobody could stand on the West Wing and had done considerably work on Broadway. RIP

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Lord John Marbury, and he was excellent in that role. Much more fun than his character on Cheers.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Agreed, oop.

"GERALD!"

and

Brit. Ambassador Lord John Marbury: (To Abby Bartlet) Your breasts are magnificent.
    Abbey Bartlet: Oh. Um... thank you, John.
    Brit. Ambassador Lord John Marbury: May I inquire, Mr. President - the first thing that attracted you to Abigail - was it her magnificent breasts?
    Abbey Bartlet: It was.
    President Josiah Bartlet: You know John, there are places in the world where it might be considered rude to talk about the physical attributes of another man's wife.
    Brit. Ambassador Lord John Marbury: My god. Really?

Had no idea he was gay, btw. Thought I read somewhere he was linked to a British actress... guess I was wrong.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I can just hear his voice in that scene.

Draft saved Draft deleted