1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Rodney King....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

One of the most sincere off-the-top-of-my-head speeches I have ever heard. "Can't we all just get along? We're all stuck here..."

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Ice Cube wants a word with the four officers who beat up Rodney King in LA.....

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Here's what I've always wondered: The Rodney King tape is the Zapruder film of our time. If so, why don't we know the name of the guy who shot the footage as well as we recognize the name of Emil Zapruder? (No, I can't remember the name of the person who filmed the beating.) Just curious ...

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Maybe because we pretty much know what happened with King. With JFK, there's all sorts of conspiracy theories.

That, plus in the 1960s, there wasn't as much random filming being done. By 1991, video camcorders were more common.

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Think maybe drugs didn't help him keep his youthful appearance.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

King had PCP, cocaine, marijuana, a BAC of 0.06 and other drugs in his system when he died.

Ruled an accidental drowning.

http://www.sbsun.com/ci_21382102/rodney-kings-death-ruled-an-accident

Draft saved Draft deleted