1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Rob Lytle

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Former Michigan and Denver Broncos running back dead from a heart attack at 56:

http://www.thenews-messenger.com/article/20101121/UPDATES04/101120003/1006/SPORTS

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I remember following him growing up... Was a solid player for a solid coach...
    I know several of his former teammates are having drinks in his honor as we speak.... RIP

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Loved watching him growing up as a Broncos fan. Way too young.

RIP.

Nice tribute from Sacco.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/jsaccomano/remembering-rob-lytle/

4. Colton

Colton Active Member

Way too young.

RIP

5. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

He was a hell of a player at Michigan - and a team player, too. He would move back and forth between fullback and tailback, depending on who was out there with him. He epitomized Bo's mantra - "The Team, The Team, The Team."

He also was third in the 1976 Heisman voting, despite changing positions on almost every play.

It's too bad that injuries cut short a promising NFL career. It would have been interesting to see what he could have done had be been healthy.

Way, way too young.

RIP.

6. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

First football player I can remember actually "hating" (childhood, sports fan definition of the word). He ran all over my beloved home town high school team....then had the stones to actually go north and play for Michigan. MICHIGAN!?!?!

Wonderful player, gone much too young.

RIP

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That was a fumble.

[/aldavis]

Draft saved Draft deleted