1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Rene Auberjonois

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Spartan Squad, Dec 8, 2019.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

He also had a turn as a journalist, playing Harris in Where the Buffalo Roam, about HST. Bill Murray drugged him and took his press credentials and used them to interview Dick Nixon at a urinal.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

"I wonder how a degenerated person like that could have reached a position of responsibility in the Army Medical Corps..."

"He was drafted."

3. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Let's go to the source:

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

So, then: oh-BARE-zhin-WAH.

Thanks for the clip.

matt_garth likes this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was definitely pronouncing that wrong all these years. The same goes for Nana Visitor's first name. I knew she married Alexander Sidding, who played Dr. Bashir, while the show was on the air and that they had divorced. Didn't realize they named their son Django. :)

I just re-watched the series on Netflix a few months ago. I keep thinking the Star Trek stuff will end up moving to the CBS streaming service, so I wanted to see it again before it was gone. Auberjonois really had a hell of a job to do given the mask he had to wear and the way Odo evolved over the course of the series. I always thought they let the character off a bit too easy for some of the terrible things he did, but Aberjonois made the character likeable enough to get away with it.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

He was fantastic as the jerk in "Benson." He and Robert Guillaume played very well off one another ... when Guillaume and Inga Swenson weren't trading barbs.

RIP, good sir and thank you.

Webster likes this.
  7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I really loved Benson (odd for a kid who was 10 when it started) and I thought that he must have been some famous French actor.

Draft saved Draft deleted