1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, RBG

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Sep 18, 2020.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

4-4 Court in a disputed election? Ohhhhhh boy.

Liut likes this.
  2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

bigpern23 likes this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You can choose a ready guide
    In some celestial voice
    If you choose not to decide
    You still have made a choice

Slacker likes this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Trump paid her proper respects, while showing how limited his vocabulary is.

“She led an amazing life," Trump said. "What else can you say? She was an amazing woman, whether you agree or not. She was an amazing woman who led an amazing life. I’m actually saddened to hear that.”

5. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

I saw the clip of President Trump learning, apparently, of her death while on the tarmac before boarding AF1.

HOW THE FUCK DOES THE PRESIDENT NOT KNOW ONE OF THE SCOTUS JUSTICES DIED?

Not a single person within his disfunctional psychotic orbit of an administration got a phone call, text or anything in the motorcade and could tell him before he learned it from a reporter?

Isn't that what a Chief of Staff does? Or Freddy the driver? Or someone? Damn.

At least he had the decency to be respectful with his comments.

Splendid Splinter likes this.
  6. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Looking for some beauty tonight after the news. Going to watch one of RBG's favorite opera's "Don Giovanni" and start bringing the fight tomorrow.

Shelbyville Manhattan likes this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Obviously he hasn't seen the deathbed statement attributed to RBG, expressing her wish that no successor be confirmed until a new administration takes office, which he'll take as a personal slap (it is).

He'll go screaming-baboon crazy on her by tomorrow. Probably in tonight's toilet tweets.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  9. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

What's worse is he was blathering away at a rally for at least an hour before that.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That didn't last very long, did it?

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Read that quote again. Trump knows nothing about her.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm late to this because I had a thing. Fuck this is just ... fuck.

I was afraid to see my wife because I thought she was going to be in full ugly sobbing tears. Luckily no, but she idolized RBG and is going to law school now I think in part because of her. On the pantheon of heroic American women, she stands with the greatest.

May the God of Abraham bless and keep her and watch over her family and this country.

Draft saved Draft deleted