1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, RBG

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Fuck you Mitch

9EEDDB8A-A60F-4FCC-A6F6-0A90B0C6C09D.jpeg

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Verified.

3. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

They didn't even wait for the body to cool. The bastards.

Neutral Corner and HanSenSE like this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No, he just lost. Anybody who was still thinking about writing in Henry David Thoreau, Jill Stein, Ralph Nader, or any other immature shenanigans because they think Biden’s not “ideologically pure enough” to suit them probably got reminded of what the actual stakes are when Mitch went on the record as being ready to railroad an appointment by Trump through the Senate.

Murkowski’s already said she’s not going to vote for a new justice before the Senate, though.

Smallpotatoes, Webster and Mngwa like this.
  5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Susan Collins is concerned that she might have to choose.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He did the same thing when Scalia died. Issued a statement that afternoon. And his death was not expected.
    Expletive McConnell and Murkowski, who authored a statement seeking to get credit for moderation by claiming she would be uncomfortable dealing with a nominee at this time. Does anybody think she’ll abstain from voting on Trump’s nominee?

TowelWaver likes this.
  7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Either he rams a vote through now or he could have four or five lame ducks voting in December

TowelWaver likes this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

One factor though, is the Senate takes a couple of days off for Yom Kippur at the end of September and is in recess from mid-October through the election. There may not be enough time to get a vote before the election, although knowing Mitch, he could always try to stop the recess.

As for ramming a vote through after the election, well, that’s another story.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Hannity being . . . respectful. :eek:

So far.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think the proper thing for a Senator to do is say that any nominee deserves a full and proper vetting, which probably can't be done before the next election.
    And how many bills has he had gathering dust waiting for votes on the Senate floor? I don't expect McConnell to do the honorable and decent thing - that's not how he got to where he is. I do think there might be some pushback from those endangered GOP Senators who will be asked to stay in DC for what will be a polarizing vote when they'd rather be back in their homestate campaigning. Their best move would be to push for a post-election hearing. And then, who knows?

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I hope the fallout will flip the Senate.

TowelWaver likes this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I don’t see the Trumpist klan delaying the process for a Jewish holiday if that would somehow make a difference in the ultimate process. This is a klan that thinks Christians are the only true Americans.

Draft saved Draft deleted