1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Ray Bradbury

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Died this morning at 91:

http://io9.com/5916175/rip-ray-bradbury-author-of-fahrenheit-451-and-the-martian-chronicles

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Oh man, he was amazing. "Something Wicked This Way Comes" remains one of my favourites. RIP.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Rest in Power to one of the best.

4. One of the all-time greats. RIP, sir.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A great American writer, period. RIP.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Farewell to a legend. His contributions to science fiction are immeasurable.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He had a short piece in the science fiction issue of the New Yorker that is currently out.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

They've unlocked it on the website today: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/06/04/120604fa_fact_bradbury

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

His body will be cremated at 451 degrees fahrenheit.

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I have always loved the science fiction genre -- I read it all the time -- and Bradbury has remained my favorite author -- of any genre -- throughout the years.

He will be missed, not just as a writer, but also as an always-active and accessible lecturer and goodwill ambassador-author.

RIP.

11. He was a truly unique and nice person, which should count for something even beyond his literary accomplishments.

I'm sort of a dork, so I've read a lot of Ray Bradbury. He was so ridiculously prolific that some stuff was better than others. But I always admired him. And for those of us (dorks) who appreciate the scifi/fantasy genre, he was an absolute legend.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Ray Bradbury on Politics:

On Clinton: "Clinton is a sh*thead and we're glad to be rid of him. And I'm not talking about his sexual exploits. I think we have a chance to do something about education... We should have done it years ago." - Interview with Salon, 2001

On Reagan: "Reagan was our greatest president. He lowered our taxes and gave the money back to the people." - At Comic-Con in 2010

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2012/06/06/ray-bradbury-loved-reagan-called-clinton-a?google_editors_picks=true

Draft saved Draft deleted