1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Ralph Wilson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Mar 25, 2014.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Schefter just tweeted it out.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Wow. Bad week for the Bills.

RIP.

I believe that leaves Barron Hilton of the Chargers as the last original AFL owner still living, and Hilton hasn't owned the team since 1966. (He is Paris Hilton's grandfather, however).

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

RIP...

That would be awful if he and Kelly went in the same week...

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Now it really gets interesting for the team.

5. Mizzougrad96

Rob Ford just called Goodell. :D

6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

It would but is Kelly that bad off right now? Not trying to be a jerk at all, just wondering.

As it is, RIP Mr. Wilson.

7. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

You right about that. Aren't the heirs authorized to sell? Don't know that for fact, but thought I'd read it somewhere in the not-so-distant past.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

My understanding has been that his inheritors have never wanted to keep the franchise.

9. Mizzougrad96

I get the sense that he is, but I honestly don't know... It often seems that we hear about cancer coming back and stuff like that just before the end. Hopefully that's not the case here...

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Mark Ridley Thomas of the LA Board of Supervisors is dusting off his LA Coliseum presentation as we speak.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There aren't any buffalos in L.A. Probably weren't any rams, either.

12. Mizzougrad96

I've come to the conclusion that the Raiders are going to wind up in LA by default.

I don't know how much things have changed in recent years with the Bills, but there were always rumors about them splitting home games between Toronto and Buffalo, but that it wouldn't happen while Wilson was still alive.

There should be some interesting tributes for tomorrow since the owner's meetings are going on right now and the bulk of them are in Orlando.

Draft saved Draft deleted