1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Radio Shack

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I was always able to get weird shit for working journalists there that I couldn't find other places, like devices to record phone interviews and so forth.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yes. I had the suction-cup wire thingy where you'd put the cup on the outside of a phone receiver and plug the other end into a mini-recorder. Simple device that I used a thousand times. My car was broken into a few years back and someone riffled through my work bag and took it. Never could find a replacement and by then Radio Shack didn't sell them anymore.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

In the last 8 years, I've spent about $4.00 there on fuses.

They always seemed to have great real estate -- which I suppose is what Sprint is interested in -- and there always seemed to be one around.

I don't know where the hell else I could have picked up these random fuses -- and they had every damn type of fuse -- but, I guess I'll have to find out.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I still have one of those ... somewhere. And another you could actually plug into the phone so you didn't have to worry about the suction cup falling off while you're interviewing someone.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Not even in the ballpark of correct. Google their photos out of character and ages.

doctorquant likes this.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Just insanity. Stop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I had one of those, then upgraded to the one with the cord that plugged directly into the phone. Now I don't even have a land line at home, but I still do a lot of phone interviews for the marketing job I'm in. I just put the cell phone on speaker and have the mini recorder next to the phone. Works great.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Her looks are not ample enough to overcome her annoyingness.

Plus, she's no T-Mobile Sundress Girl.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

More creepiness from the usual board pervs.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I would give them Jenny's number (867-5309). I wonder if Jenny ever got tired of Radio Shack calling her. :D

I tried it again a couple years ago at some national chain (forget which one). Cashier typed it in and said please don't give fake numbers.

Draft saved Draft deleted