1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP 'Prison Break'

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 13, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Did anyone else catch the Series Finale the other night?

It was decent.....until the very end. My wife, who would try to marry Wentworth Miller in a heartbeat if I dropped dead this afternoon, was angry. It did seem a bit weird to end it that way, though. I'm intentionally not giving details just in case it's buried on someone's DVR until they get a chance to see it.

I think too many producers, writers, whoever, like to mess with the ending in fear that people wouldn't like an ending that actually fits, i.e. The Sopranos.

Whatever. It's done.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Didn't think the final episode was great, but it was fun seeing some of the old characters show up. Don't know what the beef is with the ending though. The best bit was the kid with the temporary tattoo.

3. JackReacher

I suppose the writers could just have easily ended it without the death at the end. That was my only complaint, if you can even call it that. All that energy to clear his brother's name, all that "surgery" to correct his tumor thing...and he still dies?

It's like everyone benefited from his work but him.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The series may be over, but my drooling over Wentworth Miller doesn't have to be. :D

5. NDub

NDub Guest

I know I'm late to this. I just watched the final few episodes online. I know the series lost its fastball but I thought the final half of season 4 was pretty good. Not sure I liked the end though. I mean, why kill him off? Is he a martyr? As someone posted, he did all of that work to get his brother out, clear his name, take down The Company, etc., yet he doesn't get to see his freedom? Eh. Don't like that. Nonetheless, pretty good series and was glad I watched it. There was only so much Scheuring and the writers could do with it after the guys broke out of Fox River.

6. JackReacher

Technically, he saw four years of freedom. Still....bad ending IMO.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I watched the first couple of years because they filmed it here locally and it was cool to recognize the scenery.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I read on EW.com that it was Wentworth Miller's call. He felt the character had to pay the price. If Linc dies - the entire series was for nothing. If he dies it shows how much he cared about his brother. The thing is, he was going to die of whatever he had whether he broke his brother out of prison or not. But now he clears his brothers names, gets some ferocious tats, hooks up, has a kid and reunites with his parents and sees them die. That's what I call a happy ending.

9. NDub

NDub Guest

If he would've taken a bullet or something for Linc, then I would buy it. But... he died of a brain tumor or whatever afflicted him. That's what we're lead to believe, at least.

Draft saved Draft deleted