1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP 'Prison Break'

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 13, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090113/ap_en_tv/tv_prison_break_2

Can't say I ever watched it, but I know some of you did.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Should have ended it last year. Get out of SONA, expose the conspiracy, reveal that Sarah wasn't killed and ride off into the sunset

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I predict we'll be seeing one of these threads for Heroes before too long.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Enjoyed the first season, halfway enjoyed the second, and thought it got increasingly preposterous from there. They did pretty well to get as much out of the premise as they did.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

First season was amazing. Second season was really, really good. Third season was absurd but a fun watch. This season was a pathetic attempt at making more money. Though, I still liked it.

This show should have ended with Michael and Sarah on the boat at the end of S2. For many fans, it did.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Watched every episode. Love the show. Sad to see it go, but it's time.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I watched it, but I definitely knew it was coming to an end. They couldn't go any farther.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Yeah, they definitely could've done that. Simply because of the concept the show is based on, I'm surprised they've gone this far.

9. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

I've quit watching both, but I've been told the Heroes has gotten better the latest couple of episodes. I started watching Prsion Break late, but enjoyed season 2, and I liked the Sona season, even if it was over the top. This season just wasn't doing it for me. It was a great show in the beginning, though.

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Yeah, it's fallen a bit, which speaks to Dan's point. They might have been better off ending it last season.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Prison Break is getting pretty bad as of late. It's still quite exciting but all the double crossing and side-switching that goes on is pretty out of hand. You skip one episode and everyone is playing for a different team; what a mess.

It's just too much. The first few seasons were great, and I feel like the producers should have had a more narrow scope for it.

12. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

The show sucked. The writers didn't have a fuckin clue what they were doing. Season 1 was great, but if you're gonna name the show "Prison Break", they shouldn't have entire seasons where they aren't in prison.

Draft saved Draft deleted