1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP PONTIAC

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mustangj17, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Had the exact same ... 2000 Sunfire. It was marketed as a "chick" car, I didn't care. Hardly had a damn thing wrong with it ever (140K miles) and I would still be driving it today if i wasn't T-boned last summer.

Great gas mileage.

2. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

I was actually looking at buying a Vibe. Oh well. Maybe I can find one at a discount.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I heard the '04 Grand Am was better. Want one?

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Buy a Toyota Matrix. It's the same car.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The family car when I was a kid was a '64 Catalina in which all seven of us would take long trips. Looking at this photo, I can almost feel the inside edge of the rear light moldings under my rag as I wash it from a cold bucket of water every Saturday morning.

[​IMG]

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Shhh...
    Not the same. The Matrix is expected to run for more than a year longer later if used the same amount as the Vibe.
    "It's the little differences."

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

We're talking about cars. Surely you could have found an anything goes thread for this post.

8. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Sonuva ...

I have owned three cars in my life. All three are/were Pontiacs. Can't see myself buying any other GM brand, so I guess I'll be open to other suggestions when it's time to get rid of this one (which hopefully doesn't happen for another 7-8 years).

So much for your customer loyalty, GM.

9. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

My first car was a 1990 Pontiac Grand Am. That thing sucked in every way imaginable, but I will always remember it.

And I recently found out that my music teacher from elementary school still drives his Pontiac Fiero, which he had when I was there in the late 80s.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Wow, Fiero, one of the great bombs in auto history.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

As much as I bitch about my Sunfire, it does what I want it to do and never breaks down. It is, to quote somebody, solid.

12. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Dude, that was my first car, same color and everything. SS coupe with a 389.
    Sigh.

Draft saved Draft deleted