1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 2, 2014.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

What time is the Super Bowl?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

A1 NYT?

3. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

CNN anchor just said "the shocking death of talented actor truman capote"

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Lol _ shocking....

I assume from reading the thread that he didn't appear in The Client?

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I bet that Rich Eisen wishes that he could take this one back from the Boomer
    Esiason Friars Club Roast:

“Boomer is starting to look like Philip Seymour Hoffman — but with less muscle tone.”

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

A harsh reminder that you can have all the talent and acclaim in the world, but it won't stop you from sticking a needle in your arm if that's your inclination. RIP.

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have to admit that, as sad as this is, I'm starting to lose sympathy for all these entertainers who are just throwing their money -- and their lives -- away in the name of drugs.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I agree 100 percent. I'm sorry, but there are too many opportunities to get off the drugs -- especially for the rich -- for me to be sympathetic when you fucking kill yourself.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Favorite bit from guilty pleasure Pirate Radio/The Boat That Rocked: PSH as loudmouth star DJ The Count:

To all our listeners, this is what I have to say - God bless you all. And as for you bastards in charge, don't dream it's over. Years will come, years will go, and politicians will do fuck all to make the world a better place. But all over the world, young men and young women will always dream dreams and put those dreams into song. Nothing important dies tonight, just a few ugly guys on a crappy ship. The only sadness tonight is that, in future years, there'll be so many fantastic songs that it will not be our privilege to play. But, believe you me, they will still be written, they will still be sung and they will be the wonder of the world.

11. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

Amazing in "Before the Devil Knows you're Dead."

As for everyone losing patience with all these famous people throwing it all away because of drugs...I thought addiction was a disease. If so, how much blame does the addict have?

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

PSH took the Woody Allen news a bit hard, if you ask me.

Draft saved Draft deleted