1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Peter Falk

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HC, Jun 24, 2011.

1. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Dear God,
    Please make some network show Murder By Death, The In-Laws and more this weekend.
    Thanks

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

TCM is usually pretty good at changing on the fly -- at least for a small time block...

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Columbo episode that comes to mind is when he pins Helen Shaver with the murder of his wife. RIP to a huge Knicks fan.

4. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

He and Rochester were pretty good taxi cab drivers in It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, too.

5. cfinder

cfinder Member

The original "In-Laws":
    * "Tse-tse flies the size of eagles. They swoop down and grab small children." (Or something like that.)
    * "Serpentine! Serpentine!"
    So many characters, so many marks left behind.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Dammit, I hate seeing this thread.
    What a fantastic show it was and I saw many episodes.
    The days of Barnaby Jones, Ironsides, Matlock, Trapper John MD, etc., were golden for this TV viewer.
    RIP Peter Falk

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Another fantastic one from that movie, the coffee shop scene:

8. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

He was a patient in the dental office where my wife used to work. She says he was delightful and it was a fun time when he came in. And he wasn't acting in his Columbo role, that's the way he was.

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Wasn't Brad Renfro in that, too? As for Falk, liked him in The Great Race with Tony Curtis, Natalie Wood and Jack Lemmon. Of course, loved him in Columbo. That was my dad's favorite show when I was a kid and we never missed it.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They'll call a justifiable audible in a heartbeat.

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I normally don't give a damn about most Hollywood deaths, but Columbo was probably my favorite TV character of all time. He was fabulous.

RIP.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Oh man. I'm bummed today. First Nick Charles, and now Peter Falk. What stands out to me, besides "The In-Laws" was how Patrick McGoohan and him would match wits on Columbo. Watching those two were riveting and enjoyable.

Draft saved Draft deleted