1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Perry Ballard

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HackyMcHack, Nov 7, 2007.

1. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Perry Ballard, sports editor of the Northwest Florida Daily News since 1999, was found dead at his home Tuesday. He was 52. Before moving to Florida, he was the longtime sports editor of the Opelika-Auburn News.

As someone who worked for him for several years, this is a stunner. He was one of the most easy-going people that I've ever met in this business.

Link: www.nwfdailynews.com/article/9999

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Damn. 52? RIP.

3. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

Perry was truly one of the good guys in our business, and I'm shocked at his passing. Loved his golf, too.

4. Turbo

Turbo Guest

I met Perry several years ago. Came away very impressed by him. RIP.

5. Colton

Colton Active Member

Sounds like we've lost another good one. Damn... RIP.

6. chuck56

chuck56 New Member

I had the honor of working for Perry at the Opelika-Auburn News in the 1980s. We were close to the same age but he set the early standard for covering major college and professional sports. I learned a lot from him and much appreciate the patience he had with me while I was under his direction. A class act sportswriter.
    Chuck Anschutz.

Draft saved Draft deleted