1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Patrick McGoohan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

RIP to the dude who provided the inspiration for my original screen name.

And the inspiration for the Iron Maiden tune "The Prisoner."

"We want Information . .Information! . . .INFORMATION!"

"Who are you?"

"The New Number Two!"

"Who is Number One?!"

"You are Number Six!"

"I am not a number! I am a FREE MAN!"

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!"

2. FAIL.

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

He used to drink at this little bar in Santa Monica that I'd visit on occasion. Nice guy, unpretentious. Sorry to hear this.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hated him (his character) in Silver Streak. But he got what was coming to him (don't look, DON'T LOOK!).

Great actor who really filled the screen.

5. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Number Six:

-30-

6. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Loved that show. Appreciated his work more every time I saw it. Wish someone would run it again rather than try to remake it.

RIP.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

In the UK, that series was actually called Danger Man. And there is some debate is to whether John Drake was also Number Six, although McGoohan himself said 'twas not so.

8. lono

lono Active Member

RIP to one of the greats.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I became a fan of McGoohan thanks to his appearances on Columbo. Diabolical, cerebal, and quite funny in the banter between Columbo and his characters. It was after Columbo I read up on him in the library when I was in high school and found out about Danger Man and The Prisoner.

Good god, The Prisoner was ahead of its time and damn brilliant.

Shows like that make appreciate the Brits and how good and the quality of television back then.

I tip my cap to you, good air, Mr. McGoohan. You made me a lifetime fan.

10. D-3 Fan

I became a fan of McGoohan thanks to his appearances on Columbo. I became a bigger fan when I saw Danger Man and The Prisoner.

My god, The Prisoner was...awesome and great television.

I tip my hat to you good sir, Mr. McGoohan. An excellent actor of the highest class.

11. D-3, did you by any chance become a fan of McGoohan thanks to his appearances on Columbo?

12. D-3 Fan

I did. I wasn't born when The Prisoner was on. I was in junior high/high school when the newer version of Columbo was on ABC in the 90's and then A&E was showing the older reruns.

Draft saved Draft deleted