1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Patrice O'Neal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Nov 29, 2011.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I was afraid this was how it would turn out.

I always laughed at him, mostly because he always seemed to have a smile lurking. Not a mean comic, but a funny as hell one.

RIP, Patrice.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

RIP to a guy who put Gallagher where be belongs one day on Opie and Anthony.

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

His "Dammit Michael!" after Michael Scott knocked over the shelves in the warehouse was one of thefunniest moments in The Office's history.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

His "Web Junk" show on VH1 was high-larious.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've been waiting for this thread for a few weeks. I remember hearing Amy Schumer talking about him having a stroke on Stern's show.

I saw him at the Comedy Cellar about a decade ago. The guy was freaking hilarious.

Very sad... RIP.

7. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

His last special "Elephant In The Room" was brilliant.

RIP, Patrice.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

That was a great scene. RIP Sea Monster.

9. Mizzougrad96

When I saw him at the Comedy Cellar, he was just working out material and he had a notebook in front of him, which is completely normal in that kind of setting... This guy sitting up front was giving him grief and Patrice said, "You want to see me work without a notebook? Come pay $50 and see me in Atlantic City." They went back and forth for about 10 minutes and it was just funny as all hell... The madder he got the funnier he got.

10. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

He had one of the greatest laughs known to man. Every time he would fill in for Norton on O&A, he brought the goods. This really sucks. RIP.

11. Mizzougrad96

On Stern they asked Schumer if she felt bad about making all of the diabetes jokes about him at the Sheen roast. She said she didn't even though she was devastated about the news of his stroke.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Damn. That blows.

Draft saved Draft deleted