1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Pat Quinn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rainman, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You said expulsion. To me, that means a permanent ban.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I used a word in the story.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So he was banned for going to Vancouver from the Kings.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He committed to the Canucks while still coaching the Kings.

http://articles.philly.com/1987-01-10/sports/26187557_1_pat-quinn-kings-officials-los-angeles-kings

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

By the way, that obit linked in the thread starter was really well done. I don't claim to follow hockey closely. I knew the name, but really didn't know all of his history. It was a great story that really told a lot about him.

A lot of such obits, you read halfway through and figure you've read enough. I never once wanted to stop reading until the end.

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

RIP to the man who loved hockey so much he wanted to run the Kings and Canucks at the same time.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Pat Quinn was a great coach and a great man but the thing I liked most: he grew up in East Hamilton, on a street a few blocks from where I first lived. You don't fuck around with the Irish in that part of the Hammer. :)

RIP to The Big Irishman.

8. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

John Davidson on Pat Quinn: "The ‘Big Irishman’ is a guy who loves the game so much that when he walks in, you know hockey’s in the room."

Draft saved Draft deleted