1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Otto Petersen of Otto and George...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.ssf/2014/04/comic_otto_petersen_of_otto_and_george_dies_at_53.html

I saw him perform in NYC ages ago, right after I got out of college. It was probably at The Comedy Cellar or Carolines, but this guy walked to the stage carrying a puppet and my friend and I rolled our eyes in disgust.

He just destroyed the room. There were some really good comics that night, but none took over the way Otto and George did. I later heard them maybe a couple times on Stern but mostly on O&A. Absolutely hilarious.

Not sure how many on here have heard of him/them, but if you really follow stand-up comedy, this guy had one hell of an act.

2. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Heard Otto a lot on O&A and he was always good. Ventriloquism aside, he was a genuinely funny dude. Sad to hear about his passing. Didn't realize he was that young.

3. Mizzougrad96

I was only really a regular O&A listener before they went to XM, but recently it seemed a lot of the "best of" podcasts that would go up on iTunes would have Otto and George. There was one with Norton, Patrice and the puppet were going back and forth that was just hilarious.

He was also on Mohr's podcast about a year ago and was damn funny.

4. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Sadly, I canceled XM about six months ago, so I haven't been able to listen to O&A in a while. I used to love when they had Patrice on, he would absolutely make that four-hour block worth listening to every minute.

I have to get by on the O&A podcasts, which is still good in its own right. I'm sure they'll do an Otto & George podcast pretty soon.

5. Mizzougrad96

I got rid of Sirius when I got my newest car didn't have it and I got sick of Stern and his three day work weeks.

Draft saved Draft deleted