1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Oral Roberts

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Dec 15, 2009.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I thought they installed the Greg Louganis Memorial upside-down.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus Member

Well, technically speaking, it's not an actual building, just a giant sculpture placed at the entrance. It used to be in front of Oral's City of Faith hospital complex (the triumvirate of buildings in the previous post) and when COF folded they moved it to the ORU entrance. But yeah, it's a bizarre place, architecturally speaking and otherwise.

I even worked in the ministry's (not the university's) propaganda department for a couple of years. This was long after Oral retired and Richard inherited it. At that point there was not nearly the separation of ministry and university that exists today. Now, though, since Richard (and especially his wife Lindsay) got written up for allegedly using ministry money for personal gain, the Roberts family, from what I understand, has little if anything to do with the university. Thank God for that.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Our headline?

God prepares to receive Oral

4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Those are the CityPlex towers. They were built with the idea that they'd be a Christian hospital, but apparently there wasn't enough demand and now they're mostly just offices:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CityPlex

5. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

yeah, i looked that up after posting. pretty hilarious, and not surprising, that some of the towers weren't even completely finished on the inside. even as a small kid, I always thought it was dumb to have those three huge buildings just sitting there by themselves.

Draft saved Draft deleted