1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Oral Roberts

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Dec 15, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Tell me that's a product of Photoshop and your imagination. Tell me a building like that doesn't actually exist.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. http://wonkette.com/412754/oral-roberts-dead-as-the-dickens

3. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I'm a little late to the party, but ... Apparently hell (if you believe in that sort of thing) needed another manipulate-the-poor-and-undereducated preacher.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Giant hands, two giant phallic symbols and a near ripoff of the Arena-Auditorium at the U of Wyoming.

Yeah, it qualifies.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[quote author=BYH]
    Tell me that's a product of Photoshop and your imagination. Tell me a building like that doesn't actually exist.
    [/quote]

You could stick the world's largest cock in those hands and have Oral Roberts give you the world's messiest hand-job.

That would only be slightly more creepy than the statue itself.

6. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

That looks like something out of Gotham City in Batman Forever.

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

That's the coolest iPod docking station I've ever seen.

8. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

My aunt use to live in an apartment complex that was, for all intents and purposes, across the street from ORU. I'm sure I could look this up, but does anyone know what the hell they use those buildings for? IIRC, they're pretty far away from any business district in the Tulsa metro.

9. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Here's hoping God will punish the basketball team tonight for all of Oral's transgressions and help Louisville to a win. The Cardinals need all the help they can get right now!

NPR had a segment about Oral this morning (the man, not the act) and evwn pat Robertson said his schilling for money so God won't kill him was "unseemly"

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That looks like a referee signaling a safety.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Or Scott Sutton telling God that he'll do whatever he wants if Dad would stop drinking.

12. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

When even a douchebag like Pat Robertson is ripping you, the you must be on the wrong track.

Draft saved Draft deleted