1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP One of the Three Tramps

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rough Mix, Jan 24, 2007.

1. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Here is a bit of info. Also some pics included.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/3tramps.htm

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

You know, that could be hazardous to your health. What size shoe do you wear?

Woody Harrelson's dad, huh? So his dad rubs out people, and the Woody does Natural Born Killers. Suddenly, the world makes a little more sense.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Will the other two Trammps keep the Disco Inferno burning?

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I hadn't known about Woody Harrelson's dad. Intriguing. Here's a 2004 CBS News story:

5. There is a classic JFK tome called Coup d'etat in America by Weberman and Canfield that includes the photo of the three tramps. The page before that photo is transparent and has images of Hunt and some other Watergate figures that you can overlay on the Three Tramps to see that the faces eerily match.

I notice in looking at Weberman's biography on Wikipedia that he is also the author of "Keep the Fuck Outta My Goddam Garbage" :) :)

Like you, I know way too much about this stuff also.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

http://tabloidbaby.blogspot.com/2007/01/was-e-howard-hunt-one-of-jfks-killers.html

[​IMG]

7. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames, Buffs,

I always made Hunt for Badge Man.

YHS, etc

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I thought the Unabomber and Ramzi Yousef were in the Supermax in Colorado.

EDIT: Just googled it. It's Florence, COLORADO, not Florida.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I don't recall seeing one news report the past few days on this topic.
    Did anyone see any coverage of Hunt's possible relaionship to the Kennedy assasination?
    Seems like a good topic and the sort of stuff people like to see occasionally.
    Anyone see anything by big media on the Tramps angle?

10. The AP typically sticks to facts.
    The "Tramps" thing is an overblown rumor by government conspiracy theorists.
    It's a lot like Stone's JFK movie: heavy on entertaining, light on facts. Stone took a lot of liberties with his movie.

Hunt is more famously known for orchestrating the Watergate break in, though he has steadfastly maintained he was never there.
    There is no denying he was the engineer.

In this obit there's a few graphs devoted to the Tramps theory.

Here is the version from CBS News:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/23/national/main2391366.shtml?source=RSSattr=HOME_2391366

11. Gold

Gold Active Member

Hunt wasn't at the Watergate. They found his name and phone number in a phone book on of the burgulars had. He was hired as a consultant by the Nixon White House

12. "H. Hunt at W. House" Also, "HH at WH."
    The citations in Bernard Barker's phone books.
    No, I didn't look that up.

Draft saved Draft deleted