1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Norman Sas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

2. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

So when your running back is spinning in a circle for 10 minutes, you now know you should curse ol' Norman.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

We had that game. We played it all the time.
    That said, what a piece of crap. Thank God that Pong came along.

4. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

A lot of fond memories of this game. I inherited my older brother's version of the game. He had most of the teams from the 1970s except the old NFC west if memory serves. It was kind of cool playing it in the 1980s and the jerseys were a decade old and the likes of Ron Jaworski and Terry Bradshaw were on the field. My dad obviously had some influence on how jerseys were numbered because the Packers and Colts had 1960s numbers like Unitas and Hornung.

I recently saw a 1960s version in a thrift store in Alabama. I want to say it was marketed it as SEC teams..Tennessee Vs. Alabama.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Finally gets his revenge.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I had one. Half the fun was setting it up. But you could never complete a pass. Would have worked better with some dice and cards to determine outcomes of plays. I always wonder why I ever set players up anywhere on defense other than the line of scrimmage.

7. Upper Tupper

Upper Tupper Member

I still have my elec football game and two elec baseball games from 1958-60. I still don't know why my parents tossed my 1954 football game.

Draft saved Draft deleted