1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Nelson Mandela

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gehrig, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That's because Obama made Mandela die to distract from the failure that is Obamacare.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Death Squads

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, somehow I doubt Obama had a press conference immediately after Walker's death was announced.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

What are you talking about?

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hmm. I guess Obama should be embarrassed too then, as he's the current standard-bearer for the party, whose favorite President helped secure Mandela's arrest:

6. Baron Scicluna

Didn't want to be accused of being weak on the Commies taking over South Africa.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You always say shit like this, like Dem polls are pushed into bad decisions by the threats of Republicans, and it's ok for them to succumb to these supposed threats.

Why?

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Heard a radio news report at the top of the hour today and the young female anchor pronounced apartheid as "uh PAR theed." Look it up. Don't guess.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Thanks, One-Year-Old Obama! ::)

10. Baron Scicluna

They weren't just threats. They already succeeded in banning one political party:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Control_Act_of_1954

Not to mention, from the NYT article that you cited:

Yeah, what would be the fear of having unstable African states? Especially knowing the U.S.'s history in the mid-20th century of backing certain foreign governments even though they weren't exactly bastions of freedom? You know what the fear was. Shit, JFK and Nixon had a huge debate over whether to go to war over a couple of little islands off the mainland Chinese coast.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I can't tell if this is cool or crass. ... But Apple.com has a tribute to Mandela on its welcome page. It's simple enough that I like it.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

More made-up shit.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/12/nelson-mandela-was-a-radical-marxist/?cat_orig=world

Why do some people feel the need to smear Mandela?

Draft saved Draft deleted