1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Neil Armstrong

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Aug 25, 2012.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

RIP.

2. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

RIP to an American hero.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Wasn't alive when he set foot on the moon, but I shed a few tears when I heard the news.

Godspeed, Mr. Armstrong.

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I was at a game - when did this break? I figured everyone would be breaking into coverage for this.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Hey, at least it didn't happen at 11:55 PM.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I had on LLWS and ABC did break in at about 3:30 p.m CNN was only one getting extensive reaction (at least when I was flipping channels an hour ago). MSNBC was doing prison shows and FoxNews was blathering on about the 2016 movie.

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Little by little, the 20th Century is beginning to feel like a long distant past.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In the year 2525, if man is still alive (in the words of the No. 1 song on July 20, 1969), nobody will remember who Barack Obama was. Nobody will remember who Osama Bin Laden was. Nobody will remember who Ronald Reagan was. Nobody will remember who John F. Kennedy was. Nobody will remember who Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson or Frank Sinatra was.

But, in the year 2525, if man is still alive, they'll remember who Neil Armstrong was.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

In the year 2525, the only newspapers to be found will be in archaelogy museums.

10. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

It must have been awesome to have taken one of Armstrong's classes while he was teaching at Cincy. RIP to an American pioneer.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Keep on rockin' in the gravity-free world

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Holy shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted