1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Nancy Reagan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Load up on guns, bring your friends, if you're that fired up about it.

If you're not, then don't.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"Born" is the key here.

Fetuses don't have rights in the womb.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

There's probably some level of truth to what you are getting at, but for the most part it is because in the age of social media everything is a controversy on some level. I bet if they had Twitter in the late 70s we could have read about the hick peanut planter failing to get his ass to Abilene and pay respect.

4. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

There's probably some level of truth to what you're getting at too, but we had social media in 2007 when nobody noticed or cared that Junior was too busy clearing brush in Crawford to drive his ass over to the Hill Country to pay respect to Miz Lady Bird. The "who does he think he is," "who does she think she is" and "who do they think they are" nature of the screeching leveled at the Obamas is qualitatively different from what the unhinged of the left ever leveled at the Bushes, Twitter or no Twitter.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

This is getting traction because it comes on the heels of him not attending Scalia's funeral.

6. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Plenty of precedent for presidents not attending SCOTUS justices' funerals too. That controversy was just as silly and proves my point equally, since he was respecting the wishes of Scalia's family, who didn't want the funeral to be a circus, and attended the viewing of Scalia's body lying in state instead. It's easy enough to criticize the man's policies if that's your bent, but this kind of stuff is bullshit and it's exactly why we deserve the type of election we're getting this year.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's getting traction from the right wing screech machine and its ringleaders on Farcebook and Twatter. Obama scratches ass = they erupt in outrage.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

He's the president. Move the speech back three hours.

9. exmediahack

As I believe Bush should have gone to Miz Lady Bird's goodbye bash. Especially for a fellow Texan.

10. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Totally misses the point. You may personally believe that, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you were actually articulating this feeling at the time and aren't just saying it now, but there was no outrage in the blogosphere or cable news.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Have we talked about the get-up Mr. T was wearing at the funeral?

[​IMG]

Would it have killed you to wear a suit and tie? What are you, a freakin' cartoon character?

12. exmediahack

I pity the fool who tells me how to dress for the one invitation I get this decade.

Draft saved Draft deleted