1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Mollie Sugden

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D.Sanchez, Jul 2, 2009.

1. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Apologies ... but the three-bedroom apartment in the sky still has a vacancy.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sorry about Molly but please take this to Celebrity death running thread ok?

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/71116/

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have no idea who these people are who are getting RIPs. They're either E-listers or I'm even more insulated than I thought. Oh well. RIP, lady of whom I've never heard.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

What IJAG said. Never heard of this woman.

6. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

Apparently I overestimated the reach of PBS. There was a time when it seemed every PBS station in the country would show Are You Being Served? on a nightly basis. Anyway, as I sneak away to the corner, here are some of her classic moments.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

IJAG and spnited agreeing on the prominence of someone...makes the thread for what's-her-name all worth it.

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

First Fred Travalena, then Karl Malden and now Mollie Sugden? This keeps getting worse.

9. vicd

vicd Active Member

Who's going to take care of Mrs. Slocombe's pussy now?

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What the what?

This belongs on the running list of d-List celebrities.

There was a time when it seemed every PBS station in the country would show Are You Being Served? on a nightly basis.
    It doesn't mean anyone was watching.

11. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

The mortician?

12. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Let's not forget, D., that we lost Wendy Richard (Miss Brahms) in February, too. I guess I am a die-hard "Are You Being Served?" fan and both ladies will be appreciated and missed, as will John Inman, who passed away in 2007.

RIP, Mollie.

Draft saved Draft deleted