1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Mindy McCready

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Feb 17, 2013.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I rest my case.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

It's not surprising to me anymore.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Why is it not surprising?

And Bubbler, if you think this thread is a shitshow I don't know what to say. There are threads every day on this board that make this one seem tame. I disagree with hondo quite a bit here, too.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It just makes me sad to think that anyone ever gets to the point where they consider suicide as their only option...

I hope she's found peace. RIP.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If you do it means you're a pussy that can't handle your demons....

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Your point is well-taken, but I'm sure with someone battling demons like hers, adding children to the mix can make things more difficult. Much more difficult. Not less so. It's interesting this comes up. Just yesterday, my wife and I were talking about her parents' divorce when she was 2 years old - her dad left her mom for another woman. My wife was the fourth of four children, the only girl, and 10 years younger than any of her brothers. Her dad was already in his 40s. She was an accident. "Did my arrival probably cause my parents' divorce?" she said. "Yes, probably. But they were the adults. It was their responsibility to handle it maturely, not mine."

Back to McCready:

Is the correct moral response that kids trump everything, and you should carry on just for their sake, if nothing else? Yes.

Is a troubled person likely to react that way? No.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Taste is subjective, but I thought McCready was pretty when she first came out.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

I call bullshit on that one. There's a lot of cushy upbringings that become enablings.. Or even still, situations where money gets thrown at you instead of a conversation. I don't know if you can justify the latter as middle ground, but sometimes you have to realize that someone simply prefers to make the bad choices and not even the toughest of tough love is going to change that.

10. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Damn Dick, your spouse and mine have something in common. Now if only you had the same right wing conservative evangelical influence I have from mine, we could barbecue together without someone firing briquettes at the other.

11. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Dick and Yawn at a barbecue. They should sell tickets for that one.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I basically had to explain to my wife who Jesus is.

Draft saved Draft deleted