1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Mindy McCready

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Once she had kids .. Yep .. ZERO.
    Kids trump everything. Everything.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

For people of a proper mind, yes. It's pretty clear she wasn't.

I hope her friends and family, provided they are good influences, will reach out to her children to help them navigate through the coming years.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Boyfriend killed himself three weeks ago. Sure doesn't help when you are already hanging on by a thread. (Exhibit A: the extensive obit Ft. Myers had in the can.)

TV, I'm sorry for your loss.

4. Given Mindy's background and support system I have nothing but optimism for their future.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

They need to do a little clean-up work on it before it goes to print.

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Looks kinda like Virginia Madsen.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

I understand it is a very selfish act and the kids will be destroyed because their mother killed herself, but ZERO sympathy? Do you think a rational person would do something like this? Imagine having so much personal pain that you would rather die than continue. How can you have no sympathy for someone making the wrong decision in this situation? I know it's cliche, but unless you walk in her shoes I don't see how you can be so positive you are right, that she deserves no sympathy.

8. Try walking in the shoes of those left to pick up the pieces. And the kids, left trying to understand why they weren't good enough to keep their mother from taking her own life. Then get back to me.

- 30 -

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

100 percent correct.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Incredibly sad. She had a baby boy last April. Since that baby was born, both of his parents have committed suicide.

11. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

Thank God I have never had to walk in those shoes. And, as I said, suicide is a very selfish act for a person with children. However, Mindy McCready was obviously not thinking rationally. To have zero sympathy for her is pretty harsh. Ask yourself this...these kids you are worried about, do you think they would want people to have zero sympathy for their mother?

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I wonder what Roger Clemens thinks about all this?

Draft saved Draft deleted