1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Mindy McCready

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Feb 17, 2013.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Why does there have to be middle ground in this case? Sometimes right is right and wrong is wrong. Fact: she was a fucking idiot who drank, popped and snorted just about everything, was neglectful of her kid, made an x-rated video and seemed proud of it and pissed away the golden goose that was her career.
    She's been helped and helped and helped over and over again. It didn't do any good. Fact is, she wanted to be high all the time, and damn the consequences.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

This is why the great majority of the board sees you as a knee-jerk moron.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You have fascinating insight into someone you don't know, hondo. I pray no one close to you ever gets caught in a situation where they just aren't mentally "tough enough" to beat an addiction/mental health issues.

I'm going to agree with YGBFKM here. An addict needs a support system, but also needs to want to get and stay clean. Some people are simply more succeptable to addiction, and it's pretty easy to judge them when you come from a cushy upbringing (and by that I mean parents that love you, not wealth).

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Maybe Roger Clemens had McNamee inject her.

5. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Story from her hometown.

http://www.news-press.com/article/20130217/NEWS01/130217011/Reports-Country-singer-North-Fort-Myers-native-Mindy-McCready-dies?nclick_check=1

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I knew Mindy very well and she was my date on more than one occasion when I worked in the country biz.

Mindy was a very, very sweet girl who had a tremendous voice but she could never overcome the demons that visited her from childhood on.

Ten thousand angels, indeed. RIP.

7. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

Some of your reactions are downright disgusting. Here was a girl who was manipulated when she was a CHILD into self-destructive behavior that I am sure didn't do a lot for her sense of self-worth. She had a sickness, a bad sickness, and apparently she could not deal with the ramifications of her illness. This is so sad and I pray for her family. Some of you really have a lot to learn about chemical dependency.

8. I am just glad she has children, who I am sure will turn out fine as a result of all this .... ::)

Speaking as someone who has dealt with the ramifications of suicide. She gets ZERO fucking sympathy from me. ZERO.

9. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

AP has the coroner confirming suicide, now.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

RIP.

My limited knowledge of her life is that her childhood was amazingly fucked up. People can recover from it, if they have a successful support system around them.

I hope she has found peace.

Zero? Really?

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Amen.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted