1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP: Mickey Hargitay

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Sep 18, 2006.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Mickey Hargitay, father of Law & Order: SVU star
    Mariska Hargitay and a former Mr. Universe, died Thursday in Los Angeles, a family spokeswoman said, not disclosing any other details. He was 80.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060919/en_celeb_eo/20040

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

I remember Arnold Schwarzenegger played him in the TV movie about Jayne Mansfield's life. It was one of the future governor's first roles after going into acting. Loni Anderson played Jayne.

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Did not see that movie, but it could NOT have been good considering Ah-nald barely spoke English in 1982, jury's still out on if he speaks it now.

Oh, and didn't Mariska give a shoutout to her Dad at the Emmy's when she won? She got all teary-eyed, too. How said. RIP.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

God-DAMN, Jayne Mansfield was smokin'! Life in the 1950s wasn't that bad, I guess.

(Putting one on a tee for somebody...)

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It was interesting this morning... I woke up and turned on the news and I read on the crawl "Actress Mariska Hargitay dies..."

I start freaking out because I'm a huge SVU fan and I know she just had a kid and we all saw her at the Emmys. I'm trying to check on the internet and I can't find anything and then about 10 minutes later I see the whole thing on the crawl "Bodybuilder/Actor Mickey Hargitay, father of actress Mariska Hargitay dies..."

RIP, obviously...

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I don't know the esteemed Mr. Hargitay, but that parade of clowns to the left of your post is scaring the living shit out of me. Thanks for the pending nightmares.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

There vill be no jokes about whether or not Mr. Hargitay's remains remain in one piece. Those kinds of smartass suggestions will NOT be tolerated. They should be headed off at the pass.

Draft saved Draft deleted