1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

RIP. Good actor and seemed like a nice guy. I loved the line in Armageddon when he said 'Harry, you're the man." That pretty much summed up the picture for me.
    I also liked the line when he told the shrink, "I'm feeling a little emotional right now. You think I could get a hug from you when we're through?"

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Anyone else surprised he was only 6-5? I knew they filmed him in Green Mile to look larger than he really was, but still, for some reason I thought he would be taller than that.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

6-5 is still pretty tall.

4. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Especially around those Hollywood types, many of whom are smaller than average folks.

When Stallone is 5-9, MCD's 6-5 is huge.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He was one of the best parts of a guilty pleasure movie. That first line you mentioned was the perfect use of his voice and demeanor.

This story gets into his start in acting, including how Willis played a big role in his career.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/bruce-willis-helped-michael-clarke-duncan-oscar-caliber-042008924.html

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

6-5 is awfully tall, but it's not "holy shit" tall. I guess I thought he was legitimately holy shit tall.

Good point about the rest of Hollywood being "holy shit" short.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

6-5 plus 300 pounds is a big, big man.

And that voice didn't hurt his size perception.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

He was a bodyguard for Notorious B.I.G. but switched assignments before his murder. His story could've been a lot shorter.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I notice she took credit for saving his life once with CPR. Too bad he couldn't have channeled some of those Green Mile buzzing insects and projected a few into her mouth.
    And what the hell is up with that "Reverand Omarosa Manigault?" She get that off the internet?
    Batshit crazy loon.

10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

RIP. He was awesome in Armageddon.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

'DON'T YOU LAY THAT ON ME, RICKY BOBBY!!' ;D

or something like that.... guess this means i should give up my dreams for a 'talladega nights' sequel? :'(

R.I.P. and thanks for the yuks!

Draft saved Draft deleted