1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Mexican/American superstar Jenni Rivera

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Heaven needed someone to round out the Winehouse/Houston/Rivera trio.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Her full name was Jenny Dolores Rivera Saavedra, so you have to think she changed the Y to an I because it seemed more Latin. I am concerned. Was Jenni(y) Rivera (Saavedra) racist like those Penn State sorority sisters?

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I was on hold with a radio station and a news report said she used to be married to a major league pitcher?? Is that true?

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Si - Esteban Loaiza

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I guess she had some Mexican in her after all.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Her real name.

She had her first baby at 15...she's had 5 kids, has two grand kids, and was married twice.

7. Boom_70

The NYT has her married 3 times:

"Ms. Rivera’s tough-mother approach stemmed from her own experience. By the time she was 16, she was already married and had given birth to her first daughter, Janney, known as Chiquis and featured on two Mun2 reality shows. Ms. Rivera was married three times, most recently to the former major league pitcher Esteban Loaiza, who played for the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Yankees, among other teams. That marriage ended when she filed for divorce this fall. "

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Three times, and was getting a third divorce at the time of her death according to NPR this morning. (Boom beat me to it)

Also, not that I'm holding up Access Hollywood as an example of anything, but their hashtag for her death was #WhoWasJenniAH for what it's worth.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

It sounds as though she was Telemundo's own MisterCreosote.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Now the field is wide open for 'Sote to pass her.

11. Boom_70

This makes me wonder if Alberto Del Rio is really from Mexico

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He is. His father and uncle are famed Mexican wrestlers Dos Caras (Two Faces) and Mil Mascaras.

Draft saved Draft deleted