1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP McNair (Let's try to keep this civil.)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by greenlantern, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'll chime in as the resident SJ Nashville fanboy:

McNair was the face of the franchise, was the best player on the team year in and year out, went to the Pro Bowl, nearly won a Super Bowl, and shared an MVP trophy.

But he is not worthy of the HOF. In a sense, he's like football's version of Dale Murphy. Charter member of the Hall of Very Good.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

absolutely. you start talking about mcnair being a "hall of famer" you damn well better put someone like phil simms in there first.

trust me. mcnair = no effin' way.

3. I Digress

I Digress Guest

No one who wasn't on the inside of the McNair marriage can judge it. Period. Should people cheat on their spouses. No. But the last time I checked, infidelity was not a death penalty offense. Sadly, the young woman McNair was apparently involved with turned out to be unstable if she was indeed the shooter.
    Her age is immaterial. Both were adults.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It it were, we would have lost Bill Clinton.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Wow...that's both classy and on topic.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly, though unless I missed others, there is really just one poster here trying to argue that McNair deserved what he got. Even that is one too many.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Bull. Her age is very material. Guys with money and fame like McNair don't drop their wife to the curb for a 40-something hag. Its always the young stuff.

If Sahel Kazemi were 40 years-old, we wouldn't have this thread.

8. Boom_70

Last I looked the topic moved to "infidelity" so yes it is on topic.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Sure we would. It would just stand a better chance than this one of making it to sundown before lockdown. We don't miss a chance to turn someone's death into a fun time here at Jeers.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If she were 40, McNair would have requested a new waitress at Dave and Busters.

11. Boom_70

or she would have been working at Morrisons Cafeteria waiting on seniors in for the buffet.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

precisely. again, the fault for their "relationship" does not rest with her. to get back to my initial point in all this, anyone's definition of "adult" should not -- in my book -- include a 36-year-old man OR woman getting sexually involved with a 20-year-old.

and no one debating otherwise will EVER succeed in swaying me. that 16-year age difference is HUGE. make her 30 and him 46 and then not so much creepy.

doesn't mean mcnair or the girl "deserved" what happened to them or what she did to them. a totally separate issue, that is.

like i said previously, if little man shockey (20 in march) becomes involved with a 36-year-old woman next year you're damn right mrs. shockey and i will be thinking the woman has serious problems. it just ain't right. :mad: :mad: :mad:

doesn't mean anyone should be dead over it, though. :( :( :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.