1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP McNair (Let's try to keep this civil.)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by greenlantern, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Scribe knows, in addition to everything else.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Eventually, the truth will come out, whether it's pretty or not.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

So much for keeping this thread civil and showing respect for the dead.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Sportsbybrooks continues to explore the "hot or not" angle - with pics.

The pics now show too much skin for SportsJournalists.com standards.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/kazemi-police-now-thinking-she-was-murdered-24889

5. Murder-suicide seems pretty obvious here.
    I'd guess it was the age-old tale of mistress is told - and expects - the man will divorce his wife so they can live happily ever after. At some point she realized it wasn't going to happen and ... well.. Hell hath no fury ...

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

In strange twist police are looking to question former Clinton Counsel Bernie Nusbaum who was seen leaving the complex an hour before bodies were found.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

My immediate reaction was murder/suicide, which is how the vast majority of these situations turn out. Sure seems that was the way the police were playing it in no suspects and no real urgency in searching for any in their comments.

If that's the case, I wonder how the DUI 48 hours earlier may have factored into all this.

Interesting that the gun ended up underneath her. I guess that it physically possible for a suicide victim to fall on top of the gun, but definitely not the norm. Gunshot residue on her hands, as others have mentioned, would be the best indicator, and it would seem that would have been known pretty quickly.

8. Gunshot residue and powder burns should be the dead giveaway.

How else would the gun end up undernetah her? Someone shots McNair then her and after she falls down they lift up her body to put the gun underneath her? Nah.

I'm going to stick with murder-suicide.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Could this lead to enough of a sympathy vote to get McNair into Canton?

In my opinion, he was not a Hall-of-Famer.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I always thought he was borderline HOF, leaning probably against it. But it'll take a few years before he's eligible, so I think any sympathy he would have gotten will have waned by then.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think the NFL's HOF committee is so old and grumpy, the idea of a sympathy vote is something that would never occur to them. In this case, that will be a good thing.

Then again, they might jump at the chance to enshrine another black quarterback. I mean, Warren Moon was deserving, but I think a lot of people were stunned he didn't have to wait a few years.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Good point on the committee. They are among the stingiest of the stingy. If Dyson had gotten one yard deeper against the Rams, McNair might get in. But with that committee...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.