1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP McNair (Let's try to keep this civil.)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by greenlantern, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

So the McNair thread got locked, probably because it turned into a pissing match. Any chance we can keep a thread about the biggest sports story this week going? If you need to insult each other, take it to a thread no one cares about.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Her sister says her daughter wasn't capable of murder...
    http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090705/NEWS03/90705013/Kazemi+s+sister++

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

before we were interrupted, byh posted prisco's column in which he inferred that mcnair, while a warrior on the field, wasn't the most dedicated worker off the field:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11923638

this is not uncommon.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Was talking with my wife a few hours ago and really thought about it - the police are going to have access to all her boyfriend's and her cell records, with texts, and if he is at all involved it will come out in time.
    While technological advances like the Internet have many drawbacks, the whole "open-access" aspect of cell and land-line phone activity these days is something investigators love.
    I really think this whole mystery will be pretty much solved in a matter of a week.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I think it's done as soon as the powder residue tests on her hands come back.

6. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Actually, I had written "her mom" then checked... Fixed one half, not the other... lazy copyediting on my part.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

yup. pretty simple to this csi fan, yes? ??? ??? ???

either way, agree with blitz. should be wrapped by wednesday. i mean, all the csu shows do it in less than 50 minutes.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

So Prisco is not alone, is what you're saying?

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

To this one too. That many shots, probably no attempt to clean up. There has to be some on her hands or on her clothing if she did it.

If not, find her ex-boyfriend STAT!

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

nah. injury-prone warrior athletes who don't take the best care of themselves with their training habits. see: mantle, mickey, for starters.

also see taylor, lawrence, an uncredible competitor whose body wore down early because he never bothered to work in the offseason but partied 24/7. when asked how much better l.t. could have been had he worked harder, the giants strength/conditioning coach would say, "how much hotter can the sun get?"

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

"This is one Mississippi quarterback who isn't coming out of retirement." *whips shades off*

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.