1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, McDonald's Dollar Menu

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Oct 24, 2013.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

McDonalds has the best french fries anywhere.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

5 Guys

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This is absurd.

4. Uh, no. Not for many, many years.

5. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I still miss the Arch Deluxe.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The McDLT is noteworthy in that the commercial had Costanza dancing around in it...

I wondered, when the Dollar Menu came out, how long McD expected the recession to last. Perhaps they figured, by 2009 or 2010, we'd be out of this.

I imagine for many of their customers, the Dollar Menu is now a staple. Also, part of the pricing disparity. Why pay $4.49 for a premium sandwich (still inexpensive by fast-casual pricing) when you get can 2 McDoubles, a small fry and a sundae for the same price.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The best french fries I ever had were at the MidOcean Club in Bermuda. Second would be at Pate's a steakhouse in Chatham on Cape Cod. Third was at a bistro in Lyons whose name I sadly forget due to it not being the first place we'd had a drink that day.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Well, la-dee-fuckin'-da!

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We have neighbors who eat there every night during the workweek. They have four kids, and all are in various activities almost year round. It's such a running joke in the neighborhood that the mom always holds the bags over her head to make fun of herself whenever she has an audience.

The kids are all in good shape, they just happen to eat a McDouble and small fries every night for dinner.

I wouldn't want to live like that, but people do what works for them...

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

I do too. LOL

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Timmy Ho's is terrible. I shake my head whenever I drive by and the drive thru is backed up on to the street in many locations. I swore when I moved out to the Island I would not fall to the temptation of that pretentious hipster joint from Seattle, but a stop at Starbucks for a venti black Americano is the only way to start a work day now, that or McDs coffee. I only drink Tim's when I'm desperate.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Shit just got real. Heinz is out as the ketchup supplier:

Draft saved Draft deleted