1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, McDonald's Dollar Menu

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Never go to McDonald's at home, but when we were on the road in the US in the summer I always stopped in the morning for coffee, couldn't beat it for $1 (except for some store in Ohio that didn't participate in the $1 menu thing).

2. Morris816

Morris816 Member

If the coffee and sweet tea is all McDonald's has going for it, maybe they just need to transform their restaurants into coffee bars and compete with Starbucks.

The restaurant has only two things going for it these days otherwise: Cheap food and it's open 24 hours. There are far better places to get a burger these days.

As far as fast food goes, McDonald's, Burger King and Taco Bell are the three places I'll never visit because their food is just bad.

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Anyone remember the McDLT?

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

McD's is just fine for a late-night trip through the drive-thru. I still find their food tasty as long as I don't hit this board too much.

But if you're on this board long enough, you'll hear people saying mother's milk will kill you. So ...

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/21/health/breast-milk-donated-or-sold-online-is-often-tainted-study-says.html?_r=0

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

And ... there ya go.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Why people would buy breast milk online and give it to their babies is the real mystery.

I like McDonalds for breakfast. The egg McMuffin is tasty and one of the better things to eat on the menu.

9. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

There is also one less piece of cheese and no sesame seeds.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

There's also ketchup and mustard on a McDouble. So they're very different things. The McDouble and the Quarter Pounder with Cheese are very similar, though. There's a little less meat on a McDouble, but not much.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Near where we live there's a about a 1/4 mile stretch of a suburban parkway that has a BK, KFC and Taco Bell all within sight of each other. Plus there's a Starbucks, 3 different pizza places, 2 sandwich shops, 2 yogurt places, Boston Market, Red Lobster, Bertuccis, Dunkin Donuts, and a couple of CHinese carryouts...

There is always a line at the Taco Bell drive through 6 cars deep or more. No one at the BK or KFC. The later it is, the deeper the line.

12. I prefer McDowell's.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted