1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Marvin Barnes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 8, 2014.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

My God, that was such a great book!

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I'm with Boom and Bob on Barnes making it to 62. RIP. One image that sticks in my mind from the Spirits docs are the number of empty seats in the St. Louis Arena. IIRC, one of them has a still of Julius Erving power slamming over a St. Louis player and in the background are just rows and rows of empties in what was a huge barn.

Enjoyed both "Loose Balls" and "Foul" immensely. Always thought Hawkins got a really raw deal.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

He lived in the fast lane, his way. He had the potential to be one of the greatest. RIP

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That's just it. He had the potential to be one of the greatest. If he did not tear
    up his knee against Menphis St in '73 Final Four Semi Providence may have gone
    to beat UCLA in Final

Good tribute by Bob Ryan

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/09/09/marvin-barnes-what-talent-what-waste/cSySkkPcHZaswmWuEZSIPL/story.html
    on to beat

Draft saved Draft deleted