1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP: Marshal Matt Dillon

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

My grandmother, her second husband, and her two brothers who lived at their house (long story) were HUUUGE Western fans when I was a kid in the '50s. So I saw just about every Western there was. Also Western movies. Kind of burned out on the genre by the time I hit teen years.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That guy in the Oval Office who greenlit the sniper shot on a pirate a few days into office, and then followed that up with what the Secretary of Defense said was the "gutsiest call of any President" comes to mind.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Celebrities I Thought Were Already Dead for $1,000, Alex.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You mean my category?

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, no one will ever believe it's true when he finally fails to outlive another one.

6. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Re: Gunsmoke. Great opening. I was in grade school. Everytime it came on, I had my toy 6-shooter and holster on and would try to out-draw Marshall Dillon.

Re: Westerns. Everytime I see a snake, I get the shakes. Hate 'em. Think it comes from Westerns being so prevalent on TV when I was a youngster. Seems every 3rd episode had a rattle snake spooking some guy's horse.

Draft saved Draft deleted