1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Marcia Strassman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mpcincal, Oct 26, 2014.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/marcia-strassman-dead-starred-welcome-220306315.html

Actress best known as Gabe Kotter's wife in "Welcome Back, Kotter," and was also in the early seasons of "M*A*S*H," and "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" and its sequel.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

She was a cutie.

Pound for pound it might be the best theme song.

Welcome Back Kotter Theme Song HQ (Opening): http://youtu.be/5VlGyMG0ksg

3. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

She was also in the pilot of the CBS sitcom "E/R" that featured Elliott Gould and, part way through, a young George Clooney.

RIP

4. mpcincal

That's right, sportsnut, I forgot she was on that show.

When Robert Hegyes (Epstein) died, I remember we were commenting on how gracefully Strassman had aged. I didn't know she had been battling breast cancer all this time.

In addition to Strassman and Hegyes, Ron Pallilo (Horshack) also left us recently, I believe.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Oooh, I know this one. Getting a little closer to the Mendoza line on SportsJournalists.com RIPs.

6. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Very appealing as a rock journalist in a two-parter of The Rockford Files deep into that series' run. RIP.

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I seem to remember reading that she Kaplan didn't get along, which made those "Did I tell you about my Uncle Lou..." scenes even more interesting.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Wow, she really didn't hold back on Kaplan.

It's entirely possible he was quite a degenerate considering his only two real jobs in life were comedy and poker.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Dont forget track and field.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Since you went there:

Maybe the greatest moment in TV history. It's worth watching the whole thing, but if you don't have patience. ... I guess skip ahead to 7:55.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. mpcincal

Years ago, E! ran a True Hollywood Story doc on "Welcome Back, Kotter." In it, Kaplan blamed the animosity between him and Strassman on the series creator, James Komack, who Kaplan said seemed to like the pit the two against each other. Strassman's comments in that story linked above would refute that, because it seems like she didn't like him from the very start.

One of the Strassman obits I read yesterday said her and Kaplan had actually mended fences in recent years.

Draft saved Draft deleted