1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Luciano Pavorotti

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Left_Coast, Sep 6, 2007.

1. The White Handkerchief meets the Black (satin) Handkerchief:

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If you want a good introduction to some of the best known arias, I'd suggest a 5 CD box set called "Operamania".

The Nessun Dorma performance that Melodious refers to is in the set, I believe.

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

What a voice. I have no idea what he's singing in that clip, but that's talent, boys and girls.

As Oscar Madison once said, "The only opera I know had the Marx Brothers in it!" But I could still listen to that and never get tired of it.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

RIP. I'm no operaman, but I can certainly respect him.

5. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Melodious, I thank you for posting the Nessun Dorma bit with Mehta. It was marvelous and I'm sure I will replay it many times.

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

rip. we hardly knew ye.

8. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

He was no Enrico Palazzo.

9. EE94

EE94 Guest

If you were at the opening ceremony in Torino, you saw his final live performance

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

shucks, i wasn't.

11. How would you like to be the person who has to sing at this guy's funeral? It would be like coaching Bill Walsh's son.

RIP to a man with a truly amazing voice.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i heard it was going to be a silent funeral. just an open casket and people will just come by to pay quiet respects.

Draft saved Draft deleted