1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Lou Reed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I would agree that its not psychedelia, but it gets lumped in being from the same era. It's definitely dirgy.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

It's sad that my last memory of Lou Reed is that rockabilly flavored tripe Suzanne from the early MTV years, the same period in which he did a TV motorcycle ad. I have no idea what he did since. He and Laurie Anderson had to constitute the most bountiful amount of artistic cred in any marriage in history. Definitely the chronicler of a New York City that exised long before being gentrified and Disneyfied. That had to be a hard 71 years. Sweet Jane was probably my favorite song out of the small part of his ouerve that I heard. R.I.P.

3. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

This is weird because Cale's most famous solo material (Vintage Violence/Paris 1919) sounds a lot more like Loaded than the first two VU albums.

P.S. "All Tomorrow's Parties" was written solely by Lou.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Lou's obit, as placed by Laurie Anderson in their local paper:

http://www.easthamptonstar.com/Obituaries/20131031/Lou-Reed

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

They removed it. Wonder why.

Draft saved Draft deleted