1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP longtime ACC writer Al Featherston

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by maumann, Nov 6, 2018.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I imagine he and Eddy Landreth have already resumed their argument over politics, which occurred every time both were in the office together. And I imagine Bill Brill is yelling at them to shut up so they can get to the next Skywriters stop.

I only spent two years at the Herald-Sun, but it was the most fun I ever had in print. Bunch of awesome characters and great writers. Days that cannot be replicated.

Godspeed, Feather.

Blue Devil Nation: Remembering My Pal, Al Featherston

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Didn't know him well at all but always treated me like a long-lost friend when I did see him. Knew his stuff, as well as anyone ever. Loved this business.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Ugh. Another part of the past gone from the Herald-Sun's great days. Pretty sure my mother - a devoted Duke alum - has the 1991 and '92 Herald-Sun fronts on the men's basketball national championships framed and mounted somewhere ... important here because at least one of those had the gamer written by Feather.

RIP, good sir and Thank You.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted