1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Liz Taylor

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KJIM, Mar 23, 2011.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

i dunno what growing up in her 'heyday' has to do with this issue. i can't imagine any era in which miss liz, from the age of, say 18-40, would not be considered by almost everyone as 'stunningly beautiful.' if you insist she wasn't, may i suggest laser surgery?

p.s. -- again, i'm differentiating 'beautiful' from 'hot.' they are often mutually exclusive. an all-time, pure beauty, imho, is pretty much universally acknowledged as such. 'hot,' 'sexy,' etc., often is an 'eye of the beholder' issue. impossible to be argued -- one man's 'sexy' woman is another's 'are you nuts?!'

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I've had laser surgery. Thanks.

Listen, I'm not saying she wasn't attractive. She was. But I'd stop well, well, well short of calling her the most stunningly beautiful woman EVER!!!

Good for you, though. Glad she's your type.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't find Liz Taylor stunning, either, even in her prime. Perhaps I can't see beyond the fact that I know it's crazy, creepy tabloid lady.

As far as the other question: First of all, how old is Amy Adams? She would seem to fit the bill.

Ellen Page is a good actress and very pretty, but not at all glamorous.

Maybe Scarlett Johannson?

Anna Kendrick from "Up in the Air" has a shot, but is not well-known enough yet.

I really like Zoeey Deschanel, but she's too indie to be glamorous.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

i never said she was THE most... i said, 'AMONG THE MOST...'

and i don't need you to be 'glad she's my type,' thanks. i'm not suggesting a laser surgery do-over for you because she's not your type; i'm suggesting it because your standards for beauty are beyond my comprehension. hey. maybe it's my bad. no biggie.

i just don't get it. isn't the first time, nor will it be the last....

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Johnny Stompanato!

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You obviously didn't know me in college (the first time).

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

all fine young actresses here. not a one would i ever consider 'glamorous beauty.' oh, except for scarlett, who might already fill the 'glamorous movie star' category -- or could someday soon -- but i believe falls well short of the others in terms of acting chops.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Theda Bara: hottie or nottie?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yep. Red got Rita, Marlyn and Racquel. He didn't bother getting Liz.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Agreed. NOT a tragedy. She made it to 79. Experienced fabulous wealth and whirlwind romances. Got to indulge her passions -- both in bed and in life. No tragedy.

Just a complete life.

Have to admit. Yesterday was the first day I ever saw her as more than that "spooky lady with the eyes you'd use to chalk up your pool cue with. That old woman who hung out with Michael Jackson" and showed up on Larry King once a year, whenever Alan King or Paul Anka wasn't booked.

11. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Did I read on CNN that the funeral/burial was today? Not only is that very quick, but it seems like a pre-emptive strike against the loonies, who they must have known would attempt to create a scene.

12. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Loonies? Westboro Baptist? They are already over it.

Draft saved Draft deleted