1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Lima Time

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 23, 2010.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Close, it was the Edmonton Capitals he finished up with. I tried to get to one of his games last year, but the only Caps game I was able to make it to due to my schedule came the day before he was supposed to pitch, he still sang the anthems though. He was the only real name on the team and the Capitals took full advantage in their marketing. I do not think he was expected back this year as their season started last Wednesday in Tucson.

Here is the Edmonton Sun's Terry Jones' take on Lima:

http://www.edmontonsun.com/sports/columnists/terry_jones/2010/05/24/14057876.html

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Any chance he was older than 37? I thought he was one of those guys whose age was a mystery. He certainly went bald young.

Regardless, like Pete said, 37 is scary as shit for those of us in our mid-30s. Very sad.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Considering the week in TV, I was waiting for the hedline Lima Time HAS RUN OUT!

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

There is an insinuation at least elsewhere that Lima was on the juice. If he was, he certainly wouldn't have sucked rocks for all but two or three years of his career. It's absurd. The guy posted two of the worst seasons in ML history at the height of the steroids era. If it was a few cocaine rails that did him in, that's another matter.

5. In 2006, the Mets used Geremi Gonzalez and Jose Lima as starters ahead of Aaron Heilman. Gonzalez died in 2008.

Draft saved Draft deleted